View Full Version : Updated OCS Qualifications
02-09-2004, 01:11 PM
In light of our test-run OCS competition, we've updated the 2004 qualifications holding for the 2004 Mr. Olympia Clubbell Championships.
You may find the new qualifications here: Olympic Clubbell Sport (http://www.circularstrengthtraining.com/clubbellsport.html)
The 15s have been dropped from the men's division and the numbers increased for the 25s. The 10s have been dropped for the women's division and the numbers increased for the 15s.
Please feel free to post any questions, comments or suggestions.
02-10-2004, 07:26 AM
1. At the first OC championship, no one was awarded any title. The qualification numbers were (at the time) nearly impossible targets.
2. We crunched each number carefully based upon nearly unrealistic goals 6 months ago. However, the learning curve and strength development is so great with Clubbells that we crushed our targets easily... requiring revision.
4. Each number in 2003 qualifications chart was based upon the percentage difference in the current GS (kettlebell sport) qualifications chart. We now realize that the bottom had to be pulled much higher and numbers compressed much more closely - as compared with GS. We also lifted the ceiling in the '04 OCS qualification numbers.
5. The numbers are made to be accessible in approximately 1-2 years of serious training. There are thousands of Clubbell swingers out there, but only a small percentage interested in sport - most concerned with S&C. In a new sport, the objective is not to exclude but include. Assigning inaccessible and unknown numbers does not promote the growth of the sport. The difference between a Clubbell novice and a Clubbell athlete with only a year of serious training is monumental because of the learning curve and rate of strength development.
6. Until a objective, external organization such as under the auspices of the AAU (who controlled SAMBO in the USA during my years), the qualifications will not be awarded, but continue to be used as a frame of reference for developing the sport, debugging the rules, judging and officiating, and providing Clubbell athletes with realistically challenging numbers to achieve.
7. All advice, guidance or suggestions will be considered. This sport belongs to you, the athletes.
8. Anyone who can do better than my OCS numbers (123/123 Mills in 10 min - 60min break - 115 Swipes in 10min with the 25s) in an actual competition meet, will get my handshake... if they still can afterwards. :twisted:
Powered by vBulletin™ Version 4.0.7 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.