View Full Version : Combination Rope/Rings/Parallettes and Tacfit Warrior/Commando
05-09-2011, 07:51 AM
just got the instructions from the Ring/Parallettes-Combo and will do both of them - because of my lifestyle I would love to do the following:
1) intermediate intensity days: rings (when good weather) in the outside (level 1 right now); parallettes (bad weather) in the inside (i am on level 2). And I will alternate the training routines of both.
2) high intensity: tacfit warrior (till commando level - then tacfit commando ) when bad weather - inside
tacfit-rope when good weather (I WILL ONLY TRAIN ON INTERMEDIATE LEVEL; WHEN TRAINING ROPE THEN - Because you said only intermediate level when doing rope.
This way, the training is VERY motivating - would that be ok? - Do you have any hints?
B) which one is more challenging - warrior or commando?
Thanks so much.
05-09-2011, 06:28 PM
A) Yes it is ok. Strength biased programs on Mod and conditioning biased programs on High is a good combination.
B) Depends on individuals.
05-09-2011, 11:38 PM
Ok. Medium Intensity (good wheather) rings /bad weather parallets
high intensity (bad wheather) tacfit warrior, good wheater ROPE
- scott said i shoudnt train ROPE only on high intensity, but may train tf warrior on high intensity only (training parallets/rings on medium). do you know something about that.?
Thanks so much Chauw!
05-09-2011, 11:49 PM
Any combination is possible really. Just follow the 4 day wave.
05-10-2011, 02:05 AM
Do you know where to get infos form Tacfit 26 - box (usable with the 4-day wave?)?
05-10-2011, 12:10 PM
Dear Herman and others - who is a professional in comparing commando and warrior - i will move on to warrior commando level and want to know what the best way to continue is...
05-10-2011, 06:25 PM
What is your goal?
05-11-2011, 08:20 AM
Mainly being excellent in ninjutsu. A very acrobatic martial art (including climbing, outdoor...) - I am a "hardgainer" and often forget to eat - so I want to get strong, visible muscles as well, which stay. by nature I am very flexible, yet I dont gain.....
I come from yoga and want to enter fitness from that background regaining BITE by conditioning - Goal: Being a urban HIGH efficient jaguar and neurologicial, highly inspired predator....
05-11-2011, 09:01 AM
Check out Ryan Murdock's RMAX Powered Bujinkan.
05-11-2011, 01:43 PM
- I am a "hardgainer" and often forget to eat -
Well... there you go. :)
Also, if you are looking to focus on gaining muscle, you might want to look at some of the commercial mass programs available from RMAX or other CST-ers. Or you could hire a Coach.
I'm not advising against what has already been suggested here; i'm just adding something else to consider.
05-15-2011, 08:35 AM
Ok Great. Thanks Herman,
tacticalgymnastics.com - Advertisment.
After completing TF-Warrior - does THIS make more sense or the TF-Commando-Programm? What would be the best program? I do rings/parallets on medium.
Main focus 1) Martial Arts (bujinkan) 2) GAIN MUSCLEWEIGHT !!(= Hardgainer) - I have the 2 DVDs for Bujinkan/Rmax form Murdock...
05-15-2011, 06:06 PM
I can't decide for you which is best for you. You have to decide for yourself which is best for you.
1) Ask yourself: which program stimulate the movement pattern for your art better?
2) Mass Assault.
05-15-2011, 11:30 PM
What is "mass assault"?
05-16-2011, 07:12 AM
TACFIT Mass Assault (http://www.tacfitcommando.com/go.php?offer=hermanchau&pid=15).
05-27-2011, 11:47 AM
first of all: a big big thank you for all the great support. I really appreciate your great work and big knowledge. Thanks for sharing it with me...
- On medium intensity days - after doing (f.e.) 5 - 13 reps - there comes a break of 60 - 90 seconds..... Do I just recover during that break or do I shake myself like in the high intensity - breaks`?
- On high intensity days: I shake during the 10 AND 60 sec - breaks, correct?
- I can also include running on MED/HIGH (f.e. dash...), correct?
- Is it possible to do a good run (30-45 min) on MED and then full power for 17-20 minutes (=HIGH) and use it for second wind (for fear transformation) or should I dot that on HIGH only.
All the best to you and your country.
05-27-2011, 09:12 PM
Do the recovery breath and vibrations every rest interval regardless of Mod or High.
You can do runs any day as long as it fits the Intensity of the day.
05-27-2011, 10:36 PM
ok. so also during the quite long 60-90 second breaks of rings and paralletts?. - not resting but keep moving, correct? same for tacgym?
where do i in find details for "recovery breaths"`?
05-28-2011, 08:33 AM
Not too sure for rings or parallettes but i think it is the same. It's been standard practice since i first learned about CST.
RESET (http://www.profcs.com/app/?Clk=3364159) DVD.
05-28-2011, 10:30 AM
Since i still do TF-Warrior and it doesnt include the Warrior-Cookbook of TF Commando - can I buy the book-pdf single?
s a fossett
05-28-2011, 03:34 PM
during the quite long 60-90 second breaks of rings and paralletts...
Those rest periods were chosen for a reason. You're welcome to "keep moving" and do anything that helps you recover faster, but don't underestimate the work and try to add more stuff. The rest period is for resting.
You'll always get much, much better results if you resist the urge to monkey with the programming.
05-31-2011, 11:20 AM
some questions remain. Most important is the eating habit - mine is VERY bad - and those few pages in tf-warrior dont help.
1) I love Tf-warrior. is there a cookbook only for tf commando? or is it sold single as well? (do you know where to get the warrior cook-book?) do you have any other suitable cookbooks for warrior?
2) Does "Mass assault" include a cookbook/nutrition plan? I am one of those hardgainers. b) only dumbbells needed, no clubbells?
3) just bought "tacgym" - great! it says i can also do ROPE on high or medium days now - is this ok?
4) TF-Warrior: stephen talks sometimes from 6, sometimes from 7 techniques for fear - which number is real?
5) "second wind" only on high intensity or also on med-days when attached after the training?
All the best -Daniel
05-31-2011, 05:45 PM
2) Eat, a lot. Add fat, add protein. b) The technique is more important than the tool.
5) Only on High.
05-31-2011, 11:41 PM
Great. Any good cookbook out there? Is the TF-Commando Cookbook available somewhere?
Does "Mass Assault" include nutrition tips?
Thanks so much, Herman.
05-31-2011, 11:47 PM
The cook book is included in the Commando Deluxe version. I am not sure about Dr Kathryn's Satisfaction Transformation but you could check it out as well.
06-01-2011, 12:12 AM
Is it a good cookbook in Commando?
06-01-2011, 09:24 AM
ok. I bought mass assault and "satisfaction transformation" (cooking/nutrition)
I bought prasara "A" in the past . Apparently there is a Prasara "B" on the market - is this true?
is there anything I can do for you?
06-01-2011, 05:50 PM
Prasara B = Prasara Primer.
06-09-2011, 09:32 AM
I bought the book from kathryn... thanks!
How do I adapt to the program no/low intensity - i do a intu-flow/yoga programm fitting to the training I did on the last Hi/medium days, correct?
food: I eat the protein food on the HI-Days correct, not a day after (so protein on NO-days - AFTER the hi-training), or?
mass-assault is great!
- when to use glucosamine?
all the best.
06-23-2011, 07:39 AM
thanks for all the support. Is there anything I can do for you?
1) I have an another question: when being in vacation - how to jump back into the program, when I left on a low intensity day? but made yoga in another county (=low intensity) on the same day and for a whole week and just one week vacation after that - restart on "no intensity"? continue with "medium"? how to proceed after vacation in general?
2) the breathing exercise in tf-commando is "reset-breathing"?
Daniel -- Thanks so much.
06-23-2011, 07:42 AM
1) Yes, just start on a No Day.
2) Yes, for the 10 sec and 1 minute rest periods.
06-23-2011, 07:45 AM
Dear Herman - so i do reset breathing during the breaks only (10 seks and 1 minute breaks - also in tf-warrior possible?) - or also in the rest of live (before sleep...)... ?
06-23-2011, 07:55 AM
During the breaks only. You also can do it before / after warm up / cool down.
Powered by vBulletin™ Version 4.0.7 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.