It gives me great pleasure to finally announce the release of The RMAX Training Group Manual.
"The RMAX Training Group Manual is really the FlowFighting® vision statement in the form of an applied manifesto." - Coach Sonnon
The RMAX Training Group Manual is the essential "how-to" counterpart of Coach Sonnon's groundbreaking Three-Dimensional Performance Pyramid. Whether you seek to apply RMAX to your base of traditional martial arts or you plan to explore RMAX martial resources exclusively, this manual will explain in simple concrete terms where and how to start, and where you can take it. Among the topics covered are:
The RMAX Training Group Manual gives you the tools to cut through dead ends and trial and error to put your training on the fast track to mastery.
- How to found, organize and run an informal RMAX training group
- Formulating realistic goals
- Laying the foundation - establishing your training Doctrine, Strategy and Tactics
- How to craft training Cycles and Classes
- Asymmetrical vs. symmetrical drills - how, when and why to program them
- How to structure drills for maximum gain
- The PDT as diagnostic
- Creating Static, Fluid and Dynamic drills - how, when and why
- Applying the Softwork-Hardwork Continuum - how, when and why
- Integrating your Personal Practice
This project is truly the culmination of 10 years of work. The book contains all of the lessons that my training partner Rick Merritt and I learned while drifting about on our own (the product of all our trial and error), and it explicitly dissects RMAX technologies and explains with examples how you can apply them to your training right now!
In short, it's all the things I know now that I wish I'd known then. (well... all the training-related things, anyway ).
I've also included several helpful appendices:
I can't wait to hear your feedback on this one! I think you'll love it!
- a guide to making the most of resources (video, print, electronic...) when training without a teacher
- a quick reference guide to current RMAX resources
- an essential reading "get started" guide to RMAX Magazine