I have been working in secret and away from the forum for far too long. It is time to write down my practice so that I be of better service to this cadre. WARNING: For those who are reading my blog, please do not try to copy my routine because I have develop my GPP (work capacity) over the years as a CST athlete. I do not want anyone to get hurt or sick. Besides I do this for a living and what might seem moderate/high intensity for me may be high/moderate intensity for others. Exercise your intuitive training protocols.
Tomorrow I have a sparring session (four rounds) to consider so I do not want to tax my body too much.
5:30am roadwork (20 min) light jogging with a mixture of hand work (boxing)
9am Boxing (Earning my street credit)
I have to run now and train my clients. I am planning to do my jerks and snatches at 3pm. I usually do my metabolic routine first instead, but I will have to hold that off because of my sparring session tomorrow. I want to be fresh as possible for my sparring session. I will be back to write down my KB numbers and routine.
- Three rounds of jump rope (one round is three mins)
- Three rounds of shadow boxing inside the ring with two pound weighted wraps
- Three rounds of the top and bottom bag: today I focused on jab, jab lead hook combination and parry-jab, and moving around toward my right and throwing out my combos
- Three rounds of the wall bag: Working on my lead hook especially. Jab, Cross, and slipping in with a lead hook
- Three rounds on the speed bag: Working on moving my foot side to side and hitting the bag and hitting the speed bag properly with my lead hook. There is a sweet stop for the lead hook and a beautiful sound when it is done properly
- Floor exercises: Sit Ups, Single arm push ups, Leg raises, and Prasara Yoga flow chains I created for myself.
3:00pm Kettlebell Athletics
Five rounds/ One min. round
1 min work and 30 sec rest
- Five Rounds of Jerks @ 10 reps per min (RPM)
- Five Rounds of Snatch @ 24 RPM